Monday, January 12, 2015

Clerics, others extol virtues of late Fakeye

Some clerics have described the late Prophet Gabriel Fakeye, Leader of the Cherubim and Seraphim Movement Church (Ayo Ni o), as a virtuous, righteous, peace loving man.

In interviews with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), they also said that the late cleric was a unifying factor.


Fakeye, who was popularly known as the psalmist, passed on at the age of 78.

His death was announced by the church on Jan. 11, during a service in Lagos.

Some clerics told NAN that Fakeye lived according to the principles of the Bible, adding that he was a true man of God who would be missed by many.

Monsignor Gabriel Osu, Director of Communications, Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, said that Fakeye was humble and respectful.

``May his soul rest in peace; he was a man who I met in many occasions and at different forums.

``He was humble and very respectful in my dealings with him,” Osu said.

Mr Enoch Adeshola, Chairman, Organisation of African Instituted Churches, described the deceased as an icon and a dependable man of God.

``He was an angel of our generation; he was a philanthropist and a truthful person; we pray to emulate his exemplary life.

Mr George Ogunleye, the General Secretary of the church, said that Fakeye worked tirelessly for the church for more than 45 years.

``He was ill for sometime; we prayed and thought he would be alive but he died on Sunday morning at Lagos University Teaching Hospital.

``Fakeye was a man of God who touched the lives of many people. He was very religious and would be remembered for his simplicity and prayerful life.

``He will be missed a lot,’’ he told NAN.

Mrs Elizabeth Bakare, a member of the church, said that she was sick for about 15 years and was prayed for and healed by the late cleric.

``Anytime I remember his death, I remember that he saved my life.

``All the while I was sick, baba (Fakeye) used to call me and ask me how I was doing because I was a Muslim.

``He was an important factor in my life because he made me to become a Christian,” she said.

Mr Sola Akinwande, also a member of the church, described the deceased as a wonderful and a great leader.

``Baba Fakeye was a wonderful leader; I will miss him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Comment Here