Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Buhari congratulates Shagari at 90, says he’s Grand Old Man of Nigerian Politics

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated former President Shehu Shagari on his 90th birthday anniversary.

Describing Shagari as the “Grand Old Man of Nigerian politics”, Buhari stated Shagari’s contributions to national development since the colonial days have been enormous.


He also said that though his government forced Shagari out of power, the nonagenarian has always show some civility towards him.

The congratulatory message personally signed by General Buhari reads: “Although I am physically unable to be present as I am abroad on previously arranged assignments, I wish to send my good wishes to former President Shehu Shagari on his 90th birthday.

“Alhaji Shehu Shagari is now the Grand Old Man of Nigerian politics, having been in the frame of public affairs since the colonial days.

“Although my government forcibly removed his government, he has always shown me civility and much courtesy.

His contributions at the National Council of State meetings which I attend have always been constructive and eloquent.

“I wish the former President many more years of good health and peaceful retirement.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Comment Here