Friday, November 14, 2014

Divorce-seeking wife alleges husband is irresponsible




A housewife, Idayat Alimi, on Friday, urged a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan to dissolve her 11-year-old marriage to Mosuru Alimi, alleging that her husband is irresponsible.

Idayat, a trader, who reside at Adegbolu Compound, Medina area of Ibadan, said that her husband never bought foodstuff in the house for the family.

She said ``my husband always buys only his food from outside whenever he is coming to the house.

``Anytime I ask him for food or anything, he beats me and abuse me in a song.

``We got married in 2003 and I have two children for him – Halimat, 11 years old and Abdulsalam , five years old.’’

She told the court that she had been responsible for the feeding of the children and paying
their school fees.

Idayat said that she took the children to a private school before she parked out from Alimi’s house.

``My husband has withdrawn my first born, Halimat, from me and took her to a public school.

``I pray the court to dissolve the marriage and grant me custody of the children.’’

However, the presiding president of the court, Ademola Odunade, said ``the court cannot dissolve the marriage now since your husband is not in court.’’

Odunade then adjourned the case until Dec.1 to allow Alimi to say his own side of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Comment Here