Friday, January 09, 2015

Man denies paternity of last child


A 39-year-old welder, Mr Sulaimon Waheed, has denied the paternity of the last child born by his wife.

Sulaimon told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos that his wife, Caro, was adulterous.

The welder was responding to a divorce suit filed by his wife over abandonment by him.


He said that he packed out of the house four years ago, and that his wife became pregnant after that.
`` I cannot be a father to another man's child," he said.

Sulaimon said that he abandoned his wife due to adultery.

"I ran away from home four years ago, because of my wife’s infidelity.

``Anytime I catch her with a man, either in my room or outside, she always vows never to do it again, but she will still ``go back to her vomit``.

"I have married another woman who is not jumping from one man to another, and I am enjoying peace," Sulaimon said.

He told the court to grant his wife's petition, saying that he was no longer interested in the marriage.
Thirty-five-year-old Caro, a trader, had prayed the court to dissolve her 10-year-old marriage over abandonment by Sulaiman.


"My husband abandoned me and the children for four years. I was the one paying the house rent and feeding," she said.

Caro said that her husband only paid school fees of her first and second children, and had refused to pay the fees of her third child, whose paternity was in dispute.

"I have been the one paying for the school fees of my last child; my husband refused to be responsible," she said.

Caro submitted that the last child belonged to her husband.

The mother of three begged the court to dissolve her 10-year-old marriage, saying that she was no longer interested in it.

"Separate us and let me move on with my life as my husband has denied me a lot and does not want to have anything to do with me again," Caro submitted.

The Court President, Mr Ruphus Adeyeri, adjourned the case to Jan. 15 for judgment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Comment Here