Friday, January 09, 2015

Why we prefer wearing trousers to skirt— ladies

A cross section of ladies in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), have said that they preferred wearing trousers than skirts.

The ladies, who made the remark in a vox pop conducted by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), on Friday in Abuja, said they were more comfortable in trousers than in skirts.

Mrs Jane Akachi the owner of Psalm boutique in Wuse, said she looked smarter in trousers than other outfits hence her attachment to it.


``I recall that I was at Banex Plaza during the last explosion. As soon as it went off, I was able to run very fast and comfortably. .

``My husband also prefers I wear trousers to skirts; he admires my look whenever I put on trousers because it brings out my curves, ‘’ she said.

Akachi said that nothing would prevent her from putting on trousers.

Speaking along the same vein, Miss Diana Ojuar, a student at the University of Abuja, said she wore trousers for security reasons and for attraction.

``I like putting on trousers because at times I go for night classes and return late to my room. I usually run on my way back to my room.

``I also wear trousers to look good and attractive for my admirers,’’ Ojuar said.

She added that her fat legs also discourage her from putting on skirts.

``I have fat legs and skirts make me look funny but trousers cover that for me,’’ she said.

Nkechi Anthony, a civil servant said that she wore trousers mostly to protect her skin.

``When I look at my legs, I feel so proud because they look fresh; it is as a result of putting on trousers.

``I do not like to expose my legs to harsh weather conditions, so the best thing for me is to use trousers to cover them.

``Again, when I am sitting down, I don’t have to watch myself or care if my legs are closed or not’’, Anthony said.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Comment Here